lunes, 13 de diciembre de 2010

Versailles

I can’t believe I’m saying this: We managed to get permission to film in Versailles. We are going to film at exactly the same place the real Marie Antoinette lived. According to one of my producers we accomplished to get permission to film there, because we were the first group of people that wanted to tell the story in the perspective of her and not someone that that was just judging her and giving her bad PR
The cast is almost ready. Kirsten Dunst and Jason Schwartzman are starring in the film. My decision for Jason Schwartzman as Louis XVI is the following: I think the character is clumsy at times, and that is why the character needs to be somehow funny, and Jason is really good with being funny, that is not really obvious and I think he can accomplish an underground humor that is note very common.
I decided to pick a wide range of nationalities in the film. There mainly American actors, but there are French, British, Italian and even Moroccan. I thought that this represented how Versailles was at the time for Marie Antoinette. There were so many people she had to know, and she felt alienated. If there were people from all over the world in the set, it would give the same sort of atmosphere.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario