lunes, 13 de diciembre de 2010

I want CANDY


Marie Antoinette is walking around Versailles and all people around the castle are talking about how she can’t make her husband being stimulated for them to have children. She is holding the need to cry in front of everyone. She arrives to her private room and starts crying. Her face is being seen from up close to emphasize the emotion she is feeling and how sad she is with everything that is happening. It’s not her fault that her husband doesn’t want to sleep with her.

Just after this powerful emotional scene I wanted to portray how she coped with the situation. She basically ate very expensive pastries, bought every piece of cloth she wanted, drank a lot of champagne and she gambled all of the money of the monarchy. I wanted to show a sequence that demonstrated all of it, so with the song I want Candy by Bow Wow Wow I tried to di it. I wanted to create a collage of colors, with food, shoes, dresses, cards and movement.

LET THEM EAT CAKE


In one of the scenes when Marie Antoinette is taking a bath, someone mentions that the people of France are hungry. According to Legend Marie Antoinette said “Qu'ils mangent de la brioche”, which translates to let them eat cake. I adapted this to the script, because I thought it fitted in with the visual part of the film.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario