lunes, 13 de diciembre de 2010

notes

I started writing about Marie Antoinette. My ideas were mainly based on the book by Antonia. I just started with some ideas, but then I began writing a screenplay. I kept writing how I would react to some things if I were 14 years, foreign and complete clueless about politics. How can we react to those sorts of things? That is high school at some point. You have no idea how you are going to manage when you don’t know anyone and you are completely clueless on how things are done when you first go in. I wanted to portray this. As if Marie Antoinette was a modern day teenager, trying to escape. “As If that century was today”
I was visualizing Marie Antoinette’s face and how I could adapt her Austrian looks into my idea of the character that would look modern as well. I had previously worked with Kristen Dunst, and when writing her face came to my head many times. She had this delicate face, very pale that fit perfectly well. The last time I had worked with her in The Virgin Suicides, she studied every word I told her. Another thing is that, she grew up in the Hollywood industry where everyone wants to fit perfectly well. In other words, she will know exactly what I want to transmit with the character.

I went to my Dad, I showed him what I was writing and I told him my general idea, and how I could make a film from what I have. The first thing he said was: Make the film and the story your own. Do whatever you want with it. It’s in your hands to make a unique story that will pop out of the ordinary. He also had interest in participating in the film somehow, but at this point I’m far away of even starting a film. I have to give the screenplay more thought.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario